The Airline Dispatcher also known as Flight Dispatcher or flight operations officer is one of the best paid and exciting jobs in the aviation industry. Every airline requires aircraft dispatchers just as much as pilots for flight operations. With an Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, the career opportunities open up worldwide!
Upon graduation from Chennai Flight School and acquiring your Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, you will be ready to work in an airline, sharing command decisions with an airline captain.
Some of the responsibilities and job description of a Flight Dispatcher are:
- Responsible for planning and monitoring the progress of a flight journey
- Dispatcher is legally responsible for the safety of a flight along with the pilot in command
- Has the authority to delay, divert or cancel a flight
- Most commercial operations require both the flight dispatcher and pilot in command combined to authorize and release a flight
- A flight dispatcher is required to demonstrate extensive knowledge of aviation comparable to the Captain of an aircraft holding an Airline Transport Pilot License, which is the highest pilot license achievable.
This excellent career can pay over 100,000 INR a year with the right qualification and experience.
For more information on Responsibilities and Job Description of Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher, please watch videos below.
The minimum requirements vary from airline to airline. However, majority of the airlines have similar requirements for hiring listed below:
- Minimum educational qualification is a 12th standard or equivalent.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language fluently.
The Aircraft /Flight Dispatcher course contains the same syllabus and subjects covered in the Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL). One must keep in mind when pilots train they have over 2 years from the commencement of flight training to achieving an ATPL. Whereas, all this theory is compressed into a course with 3 months duration. This course has a steep learning curve from start to finish and requires dedication and commitment for course completion. This course is not suitable for procrastinators.
OUR AIRCRAFT / FLIGHT DISPATCHER COURSE MODULES
- Aviation History & Overview
- Aerodynamics and Airplanes
- Airplane Instruments, Engines and Systems
- Airports, Air Traffic Control and Airspace
- Aviation Regulations
- Airplane Performance and Weight & Balance
- Aviation Weather & Weather Services
- Holding Procedures and Instrument Approaches
- Aeromedical Factors and Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM)
- Aviation Security
- Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR)
- Boeing 737 Operating / Performance Data
- Ground Handling
- Interview Assessment, Preparation and Placement Program
Start Dates for 2020:*
*Batch availability and dates may vary based on enrollment.
Please contact us for more information.
LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT OUR COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR.
SEE WHAT THE MAJOR AIRLINES SAY ABOUT THE ROLE OF AN AIRCRAFT / FLIGHT DISPATCHER.
Flight Options on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
Delta Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
United Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
KLM Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher