The Airline Dispatcher also known as Flight Dispatcher or flight operations officer is one of the best paid and exciting jobs in the aviation industry. Every airline requires aircraft dispatchers just as much as pilots for flight operations. With an Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, the career opportunities open up worldwide!
Upon graduation from Avel Flight School and acquiring your Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, you will be ready to work in an airline, sharing command decisions with an airline captain.
Some of the responsibilities and job description of a Flight Dispatcher are:
- Responsible for planning and monitoring the progress of a flight journey
- Dispatcher is legally responsible for the safety of a flight along with the pilot in command
- Has the authority to delay, divert or cancel a flight
- Most commercial operations require both the flight dispatcher and pilot in command combined to authorize and release a flight
- A flight dispatcher is required to demonstrate extensive knowledge of aviation comparable to the Captain of an aircraft holding an Airline Transport Pilot License, which is the highest pilot license achievable.
This excellent career can pay over 100,000 INR a year with the right qualification and experience.
For more information on Responsibilities and Job Description of Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher, please watch videos below.
The minimum requirements vary from airline to airline. However, majority of the airlines have similar requirements for hiring listed below:
- Minimum educational qualification is a 12th standard or equivalent.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language fluently.
The Aircraft /Flight Dispatcher course contains the same syllabus and subjects covered in the Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL). One must keep in mind when pilots train they have over 2 years from the commencement of flight training to achieving an ATPL. Whereas, all this theory is compressed into a course with 3 months duration. This course has a steep learning curve from start to finish and requires dedication and commitment for course completion. This course is not suitable for procrastinators.
OUR AIRCRAFT / FLIGHT DISPATCHER COURSE MODULES
- Aerodynamics and Airplanes
- Aeromedical Factors and Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM)
- Air Traffic Control
- Airplane Performance and Weight & Balance
- Airplane Instruments, Engines and Systems
- Airports, Air Traffic Control and Airspace
- Attitude Instrument Flying and Aerodynamics
- Aviation Weather
- Aviation Weather Services
- Beoing 737 Operating / Performance Data
- Cross Country Flight Planning
- Civil Aviation Security, Hazardous Materials
- Aviation Regulations
- Holding and Instrument Approaches
- IFR En Route
- IFR Flights
- IFR Navigation Equipment, Holding and Approaches
- Navigation Charts and Publications
- Navigation Systems
- Weather Reports and Forecasts
- Wind Shear
Please contact us for more information.
LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT OUR COURSE PREPARES YOU FOR.
SEE WHAT THE MAJOR AIRLINES SAY ABOUT THE ROLE OF AN AIRCRAFT / FLIGHT DISPATCHER.
Flight Options on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
Delta Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
United Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
KLM Airlines on Aircraft / Flight Dispatcher
Chennai Flight School offers a range of aviation courses. If you are looking for the best Flight Dispatcher School or Aircraft Dispatcher School, you have come to the right place. Chennai Flight School is located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.