Admission Procedure

For your convenience, we have compiled a comprehensive set of the most frequently asked questions from our students over these years for your benefit. Please take your time in going through these questions.

How to get information on courses available and brochure?

Please complete the enrollment form and submit, alternatively you can email for information on course and brochure.

You will need to:

  • Mention the Prospective Student Name as it appears in the Passport
  • Mention how you got to know about the school, and please mention who recommended our school to you.
  • Request the information you need


What will happen once I send this email?

You will be contacted through email and an e-brochure with all relevant information will be sent to you shortly. Sometimes further information may be required from you before an e-brochure is sent to you. This will be requested by email.

What do I do once I get the e-brochure?

Please go through the brochure. It is a comprehensive document covering all necessary information you need related to your course.

Once I receive the e-brochure, what should I do to join the school and commence my training?

You will need to enroll with the school.

Do I need TOEFL to enroll with the school?

TOEFL is not a requirement.

What are the eligibility requirements to enroll in a professional pilot program?

  • You should be medically fit.
  • You should be able to read, write, understand and speak English.
  • You should be at least 17 years of age to commence training and 18 years of age to qualify for Commercial Pilot License.
  • Indian DGCA requires you be a 10+2 graduate with Physics and Maths or equivalent.


When can I start my course?

Flight Training is a self paced course; you can start on any date at your convenience.

How do I enroll with the school? What are the formalities?

You will need to:

  • Pay the enrollment fees of $500 dollars. This is included in your course fees.
  • Complete the application form sent to you in your e-brochure


Once you have done this, you will need to scan and attach the following documents in a single email and send it to

  • Proof of wire transfer of your enrollment fees ( This is usually the receipt your bank will give you when you wire transfer)
  • Completed application form ( available in your e-brochure in word format)
  • Photo page of your passport


Which bank account do I need to wire transfer funds to?

The bank details for wire transfer are available on your e-brochure. Please make sure Student’s Full name as in Passport appears on the wire transfer. It becomes very difficult for us to match it to incoming wire and credit it to the student. School will not be liable for any applicable wire transfer service charges

What happens once I have emailed the scanned copies of these documents?

Once we receive these documents and they are in order, your visa pack will be processed and sent to you in the following few days.

What is a Visa pack?

Visa pack contains the essential documents required for you to obtain a visa and bank loans if necessary to fund your flight training.

It will have the following documents:

  • Letter of Acceptance
  • Processed I-20
  • Letter addressed to your banker for loan release (if requested)


How long does it take to get our visa pack?

It takes us a couple of days to process your I-20 and your visa pack after we receive your enrolment documents by email. We Courier it to you once we have completed processing your visa pack.

Courier normally takes between nine to fifteen working days (not including weekends and holidays) to deliver the visa pack to you.

Once I have received my visa pack, what do I do next?

You will have to apply for a visa interview date with your local American Consulate or Embassy and organize bank loan if necessary.

Is getting a visa difficult?

At the moment the success rate of our students in getting a visa is over 99%

What is SEVP I-901?

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) I-901 is a form required by the US government for students aspiring to come to the United States of America for Flight Training. It is a prerequisite to getting your visa. You will need to show an I-901 receipt to your adjudication officer at your visa interview

How do I get one?

It is done on line. The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Form I-901 online completion site is or . The first site is used to pay the fee required for M non immigrants. If you do not pay this fee you will not be issued an M visa for admission to the United States. Additional instructions are found on this site.

What is TSA?

Transport Safety Administration, Alien flight Student Program is to ensure that Non-US Citizen Candidates seeking training at flight schools regulated by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) do not pose a threat to aviation or national security. This site contains the application for aliens seeking to train at FAA-regulated flight schools. . Candidates are required to complete this application prior to beginning flight training.

Can I do my TSA once I come to the US?

TSA approval is a prerequisite to commencing your course. We will not be able to start your course unless you have a TSA approval. Therefore please plan to have your approval before your course start date. This way your training commencement will not be delayed.

Does the fee of I-901 and TSA go to the flight School?

Avel Flight School has nothing to do with this formality. It goes to the US government.

What do I fill up in my TSA?

You will need to fill in all relevant information required. The following is a guide line:

  • Please make sure you read the directions available on the TSA website prior to filling in your details.
  • All information requested on your TSA is related to your personal information in your country meant for background check.
  • If your password is incorrect the second time you type in, please do not type incorrect password the third time as this will lock you out of the system for the following twenty four hours. Please click on forgot password and your correct password will be sent to your email.
  • Private TSA needs to be done before starting the course (you can get this done while you are applying for your visa)
  • Instrument TSA can be done towards the end of Private Pilot License course followed by Multi Engine TSA.


I have got my Visa, what is the next step?

You will need to make the payment for your course fees and email us a scanned copy of your proof of wire transfer along with flight details of your arrival.

How do I pay the remainder of my course fees?

Due to heightened security requirements we keep our financial transactions are kept fully transparent. For this reason we only take payments through wire transfer. You will need to do the same as you did with your enrolment fees.

Can I pay in installments?

Yes. Your course fees can be paid in installments.

Two equal installments for the Zero to CPL course; your first payment should be made before you begin the course and the second payment, before your Private Pilot License is complete

One will not be allowed to progress in to the next stage of training without the required payment of fees.

*Full payment needs to be paid on receipt of visa for students utilizing any scholarships offered by us.

When should I make the payment?

Once you get your visa issued, the first installment needs to be paid at least ten days prior to arrival. Please email us proof of wire transfer along with details of your flight including which terminal you are arriving at. We will be unable to make arrangement for your airport pick up, your accommodation or a place in the batch without your first payment. We will not be able to organize anything for you unless we have this information email to us at least ten days prior to arrival.

Under what circumstances are fees refunds normally given?

Once you commence training in Schaumburg, Chicago, course fees are non refundable. In the unlikely event you are denied admittance at the port of entry (in some rare cases for instance if you are thought to be a threat to national security one may be sent back to their country of origin) we will refund the unused portion of your fees right away.

Which airport at Chicago should I arrive at?

You will need to arrive at O’Hare International Airport.

I would like to take breaks during my course, does this affect my guarantee?

You are allowed to take two breaks during your entire course. These breaks should not exceed a period of 20days. If you needed to take a longer break, you will be charged for the additional dual flying required to retrain you to back where you left the course.

What are the other factors that can affect my guarantee?

These guarantees are based on the students having a 100 % attendance and completing assignments given to them by their instructors. Some of the factors that will forfeit the guarantee are:

  • Absenteeism
  • Non compliance of school rules
  • Not completing assignments given by instructors


What are the factors that can possibly prolong my course duration?

Factors that can possibly prolong your course duration that are beyond our control are weather and mechanical discrepancies. Flying is heavily dependent on weather and sometimes you may not be able to accomplish a flight lesson while someone else can because it may not be suitable weather for the lesson you need to take. Despite our best maintenance, machines are unpredictable, and can breakdown. Our primary goal is to run safe operations and we will not allow flights to be carried out until the discrepancies are fixed.

What is the normal course duration of commercial pilot license?

The course duration varies based on several factors such as student aptitude, weather that each student is facing during his or her scheduled flights, attendance and flight safety issues. In exceptional cases, the course can be completed in less than six to seven months. Some students take more than twelve months to complete, but this is well past the normal time period of completion for various reasons including problems with attendance, aptitude and weather. Normally most students with average aptitude and good attendance complete this course between ten to twelve months comfortably.

What documents do I need to bring along with me to the US?

When you enter the airport on arrival in the United States of America, you will be meeting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). You will need to bring all the documents that you presented during the visa interview at the consulate as they are required at the port of entry, i.e. the airport you are flying into, for the CBP purposes.

Do I need insurance while I am there?

Yes, insurance is mandatory and you will need to buy your own personal health and accident cover while you are in training, since medical treatment is not free.

Are the aircraft covered by any insurance or do I need to get an insurance that will cover me for accidental damage to aircraft or property?

The aircraft are fully insured by the school for damage to aircraft or property. In the unlikely event of an accident, you will only be liable to pay the deductible of the insurance

What is a deductable?

A deductable is a portion of a loss that one must pay before the insurance company provides the balance. For example an aircraft if fully damaged may cost up to $200,000. You do not have to pay this entire amount as this is covered by the insurance. You will be required to however pay the deductable for damage during flight training which can be up to a maximum of $5000.

What happens once I reach the airport?

Since we have received your email with proof of wire transfer of your first payment along with your flight details, we will pick you up from the airport and take care of you from there. Pick up times are scheduled during working hours, between 0900 hrs and 1800hrs, Monday thru Friday. National holidays excluded.

Do I need to come and look for accommodation?

Since we have received your email with proof of wire transfer of your first payment along with your flight details, we have organized your accommodation for you.

How much is the accommodation rental?

Accommodation rental information is available in your e-brochure

How can I manage my personal funds while I am in the US?

Once you reach here, we will help you set up a bank account. Apart from your course fees, your living expenses can be brought as traveler’s cheque and deposited into your bank account for your living expense management.

How much do I need for my living expenses?

Your living expenses are mentioned in your I-20. It this would include both your lodging and boarding.

How much do I need to manage my food expenses?

This is a variable amount based on the individual’s diet. As guide line, one can manage food expenses between $200 and $250 a month. This would be more if you eat out all the time.

Can I do my own cooking?

Yes, your apartment has a cooking unit. You can do your groceries at your local grocery store and manage your cooking.

How do I commute between Accommodation and School?

While local transport is available, we recommend commuting by car to school.

Would I need a car?

A car is highly recommended. This will give you a lot more mobility since dependence on public transport may limit your training pace.

Do I need to bring warm clothes?

The weather in Chicago changes throughout the year. While summer months can be hot, winters get cold and warm clothes are required during winter. This is normally between October and March.

Do I have a Uniform to wear to school?

The Uniform is White shirt (half sleeves), Navy blue Trousers, black shoes and Black socks. This is mandatory and students will not be allowed to attend classes otherwise.

What other personal items do I need to bring with me?

While the accommodation is fully furnished with living room furniture, fridge, freezer, cooking unit, bed and matters, you will still need to have your own utensils, sheet, pillows and covers. If you are not planning on bring these with you, they are available at your local super stores like Wall Mart.

Does the course fee cover navigational charts and Airport Facility Directory as well?

Navigational charts and Airport Facility Directory expire every 56 days. Due to this we are unable to stock these and provide them as part of the supplies.

How much should we budget for expenditure on navigational charts and Airport Facility Directory during our training?

Expenditure on navigational charts for Private, Instrument and Commercial may cost between $60 to $100.

You are welcome to email for further clarification and queries that haven’t been covered in the FAQ.